Saturday, October 21, 2006

Lisa Ann Hammond

What's Wrong With Me? I have a neurological disorder called Tourette's Syndrome which causes me to exhibit what might look to you to be strange behavior. I might jerk my head, arms or other parts of my body. I may blink my eyes, make facial grimaces or cough, shriek or make other noises. Although I am aware of what I am doing, I have little control over the symptoms.I was diagnosed with Tourette's Syndrome at the age of twelve, and often wondered why God would allow me to suffer so. All my life I have been ridiculed, stared at, and mocked by others who did not know about Tourette's Syndrome. I have felt the pain, rejection and loneliness that comes with being "different".What's Right With Me?In college I was searching for something, but I did not know what. A friend invited me to her church, and I heard how Jesus Christ died for my sins, and how I could go to heaven when I died if I would confess to Him that I was a sinner, believe He arose from the dead, and ask Him to come into my heart. That night I went home to my apartment...got down on my hands and knees and invited Jesus to come into my life.I have never been the same since that wonderful night! I now have a purpose in life. Jesus has given me a talent to sing. For several years now, I have been traveling throughout the U.S., sharing my story of hope and singing for Jesus.My first Gospel recording is entitled, His Comforting Touch. I named it this because of the miracle that happens when I sing. When my voice is raised in praise to Him, He calms me and takes away my affliction.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are Very Talented!

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear about your love for the Lord, Lisa, and your tremendous singing voice praising Him. His love for you is evident by your testimony. I hope your ministry continues to give you the abundant life He promises and glorifies the name of Jesus Christ. He is truly an awesome God!

Your brother in Christ
Pat

Molly said...

Hi Lisa! I loved listening to your testimony and hearing your beautiful music last night. You are such a blessing and I will cherish this experience forever. You are doing great work for the Lord by bringing people to the Lord through your music. God bless you friend!
~Molly Pearce